I realize many of you have already submitted an application via Facebook. If you could please submit the form below we can get right to work on Monday morning.
Coon Creek Farms, Inc. is looking to hire a crew of able-bodied high school aged men or women to be trained in the ancient art of weeding a Non-GMO soybean field. These future “Soybean Ninjas” will learn to utilize simple tools with exceptional skill. Those that make it through training will honor their fathers who were also engaged in this noble art commonly called “walking soybeans”. This job opportunity is part time and will last for about 2-3 weeks and begins July 13 2020. Soybean Ninjas will work from 6 AM to no later than 12 PM.
What we’re looking for:
- A crew of young men and / or women to walk Non-GMO soybean fields and eliminate weeds. (Soybean Ninja)
- Ages 14-19?
- Must be physically fit enough to operate a garden hoe repeatedly.
- Ability to see well enough to tell the difference between a weed and soybean.
- Ability to withstand heat and humidity.
- Must be able to drive themselves or arrange for transportation to / from work.
- Must be prompt in the morning.
- Must leave cell phone behind and work. No cell phones in the field.
- Ninja master will have phone students may use in emergency.
- Opportunities will be given to use personal phone during 2 breaks.
What we’ll provide:
- Wage: $12-15 an hour.
- Positive attitudes and solid work ethic will be rewarded!
- Garden hoe, weed hook, etc.
- Work gloves.
- I’ll teach you how to work smarter instead of harder.
- This is a soybean. This is a weed. Leave no leaves left on weed. Kill all weeds. Go!
What you’ll need to bring / wear each day:
- Work boots, hiking boots, or some type of shoe that will keep out dirt is best.
- Long pants
- Light colored shirt
- Light colored hat – (big floppy hats are best)
- Bring lots of water to drink. You’ll have an opportunity to drink often.
- Sunscreen if you’re not interested in a farmer tan.
- We ask that any workers that have been exposed to, feel sick, etc NOT report to work. COVID-19 is a big deal to us and we urge your respect of the matter.
- Your Soybean Ninja Master (Brad Emel) will be working with you every step of the way.
- We will gladly provide restroom facilities for any female workers. It will come in the form of a portable toilet and enclosure, but there will be privacy.
- Equal opportunity employer
- Payment will come in the form of a check. If you need us to make the check out to a parent because you don’t have a checking account please send us a message with instructions.
- Pay day is every Friday. If for some reason we are not working that day, checks will be mailed to the address provided.
Final form to fill out: